SVP Service Delivery
The Senior Progress Developer must demonstrate leadership abilities and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Will be involved in the Analysis, Design, Development and Testing of 4GL/OpenEdge code to defined deadlines and exacting standards. Must produce design and/or functional specifications as needed for the Technical documentation. This developer should provide knowledge transfer and training sessions to other developers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Becomes familiar with most aspects of the application including reports, parameters, claims management, intake services, carrier/client interfaces and vendor/business partner interfaces.
- Collaborating with other engineers, developers, analysts and business team members
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and support existing applications, databases and systems
- Work with end-users, customers and other stakeholders to understand the business needs and functional requirements
- Develop software specification and other documentations
- Fix defects and resolve issues
- Perform database health check, day-to-day monitoring, and other administration related tasks
- Analyzes user needs as required; assists in the design of specifications to meet end user needs.
- Develops and modifies software to meet the specifications outlined in data processing requests.
- Develops and maintains software to meet requirements of insurance carrier and regulatory groups.
- Tests and debugs assigned projects; assists in testing projects for other members of the programming staff.
- Prepares documentation on new or existing software.
- Investigates call escalations from the support staff; makes the necessary corrections to data and/or software.
- Assists in the professional growth of programmers.
- Follows departmental pre-established standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development.
- Adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
- Keeps abreast of software development language revisions and technology advances.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years with experience with Progress OpenEgde development
- Five (5) years of language development in a relevant and applicable language and/or business analytical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Proven experience in interpreting user requirements, business applications design, and development of business applications strongly preferred.
- Progress RDBMS and/or 4GL, Progress 10 or higher
- One of the following ( a plus if more than one)
- 3+ years with Oracle PL/SQL, 10g or higher
- 3+ years with .NET
- .Net Framework 3.0 of higher
- Experience dealing with large Dbs
- Strong knowledge of language development and applications design
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
4th Source is a fast paced, dynamic, growing enterprise and a fun place to work. Candidates must be comfortable working in unstructured and energetic environments, must be good at working with teams and have a positive, get it done attitude.
4th Source is committed to being an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all federal and state laws.