4th Source is currently seeking candidates for the position of Application Designer.
The Application Designer is responsible for designing and documenting application components, including user interface and web services, for the software development team.
The Application Designer will collaborate with solution architects, the development team, and 3rd party vendors to ensure designs are aligned with business and system requirements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create functional designs for application components
- Create interface design documents
- Contribute new ideas to application development
- Liaise with clients and business representatives to present and validate functional designs
- Conduct technical research into application components
- Create and execute system test cases
- Contribute application development plans along with the development team
- Integrate complex BPM, web service, middleware, and back end systems
- Proactively lead vendors and engineers to deliver high quality products with minimal defects
- Keep accurate record of materials used, expected deliverables, and milestones achieved
- Review the deliverables of vendors and suppliers to ensure quality and validate systems/applications and business requirements
- 5+ years relevant work experience in IT industry
- 3+ years of experience with functional design, modeling, system development processes, and software testing
- Excellent interpersonal, business communication, and writing skills
- Working experience with web services design and development
- Working experience and expertise with BPM is a plus
- Working experience with Oracle DBMS is a plus
- Experience with designing and implementing Merchandising
- Experience working with the Oracle® Master Data Management system or order processing systems in the retail industry is a plus
- Expected to work with little or no instruction on day-to-day activities and general instructions on new activities
- Skilled at technical troubleshooting and problem solving
- Detail-oriented and customer-centric focus
- Good organizational skills and able to assemble and present information clearly
- Balance multiple priorities successfully
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent progressive experience preferred
4th Source is a fast paced, dynamic, growing enterprise and a fun place to work. Candidates must be comfortable working in unstructured and energetic environments, must be good at working with teams and have a positive, get it done attitude.
4th Source is committed to being an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all federal and state laws.