Application outsourcing for the healthcare industry
The healthcare industry depends on a comprehensive IT infrastructure to satisfy 24/7 demand without hiccups. From regulatory compliance to state and federal mandates, any error can lead to severe consequences, from a negative image to legal complications.
4th Source is a trusted expert in healthcare IT staffing and services, with the experience and resources to help you build and manage an efficient, sophisticated system that addresses every challenge across all sectors in the industry, including:
- Product standardization - Simplify benefits and reduce restrictions for customized product configuration.
- ICD10-5010 Conversion - Transition to new standards and meet compliance deadlines.
- Health Insurance Exchange - Modernize online sales and service functions to prepare for more transparency and accessibility.
- Real-time Analytics - Develop robust business intelligence and analytics systems for internal and external decision-making.
- Care Management - Improve quality and cost of care to offer more personalized services.
- Customer Experience Management - Improve customer interaction and satisfaction across service delivery, product and respective brand.
A trusted partner in healthcare outsourcing
For nearly a decade, 4th Source has worked with healthcare provider organizations to streamline their clinical, financial and technical operations. From consulting to implementation to outsourcing, we help your organization improve patient safety, deploy and manage technologies, and save money to fund new investments.
4th Source has deep insight across commercial and government segments, enabling us to assist in:
- Legacy Modernization
- Packaged Product Implementation Services and Benefit Configuration
- Regulatory Compliance
- Care Management
- Enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Sales and Consumer Self Service web2.0 Portal
- CRM Solution and Analytics
- Payer Enterprise Testing
- Healthcare Provider Industry Trends
- Automation of hospital, practice, lab and in-home services
Our services help eliminate human error and reduce information turnaround time. Our consultants specialize in every facet of the healthcare industry from Laboratory Information Systems that cover everything from patient check-in to billing, to Healthcare Distribution Systems handling vendors, purchasing, pharmacy, inventory and limitless other departments.
Laboratory Information Systems (LIS)
From providing rapid test results to error-free transcriptions to valid statistical reports, a well-organized Laboratory Information System (LIS) is crucial to optimal patient care.
4th Source can assist in building an LIS that can be configured to meet your specific demands today and adapt to your changing needs going forward. The system will help streamline the receiving, processing and storing of clinical data, and ensure that your critical information is safe from security risks. We can help you build an LIS that adheres to established standards of data management and assists information exchange across healthcare departments while interfacing with healthcare instruments and Hospital Information Systems.
Your LIS will facilitate workflow management, including displaying and printing test requisitions received from wards (ICUs, OT, Emergency, etc.), outpatient departments and other hospitals. Typically a stand-alone application, your LIS can provide a comprehensive solution for performing and reporting tests in your laboratory, help eliminate human error and reduce the turnaround time of lab reports.
Laboratory Information Systems commonly support the following features:
- Patient Check-in
- Order Entry
- Specimen Processing
- Result(s) Entry
- Patient Demographics
- Physician Demographics
- Web-based order entry
- Web-based results inquiry
- Faxing and emailing of lab reports
- Custom report creation
- HL7 interfaces with reference labs and EMRs
- Preliminary reporting
- Final reporting
- Med tech worksheets
- Workload balancing
- Medicare medical necessity checking
- Public health reporting
- Rule engines
- Report check by reputed pathologist and senior technologist
The healthcare industry operates on a platform of critical resources across a complex network of distributors and suppliers. The distribution chain encompasses various healthcare departments, including purchasing, medical supplies, laboratory supplies and pharmacies, among others. 4th Source services assist in building a platform for distributors to integrate and customize information to deliver on-time reports and streamline distribution flow, while ensuring that your CRM initiatives are effectively aligned with your healthcare distribution targets.
4th Source helps streamline your healthcare distribution process, including:
- Healthcare Distribution and Logistics
- Healthcare Planning and Procurement
- Medical Warehouse Management
- Transportation Planning
- Allocation and Invoicing
- Reverse Logistics
- Cross Docking
- Vendor Returns & Customer Returns Management
- Healthcare Customer Management
- Demand Forecasting
- Medical Supplier Collaboration
- Network Planning
- Strategic Sourcing
- Vendor Management
- Inventory Optimization
- Items and Contracts Management
4th Source eHealth Services
4th Source has been involved in eHealth since its inception and offers a massive range of services including IT software implementation, 5010 IVV testing, application development, QA/testing & maintenance, and HIPAA compliance services.
4th Source will work with your organization to make it faster, safer, more streamlined and risk-protected. We provide everything your organization needs, making 4th Source your single go-to resource.
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) requires all covered entities to adopt and comply with the ASC X12 TR3 version 5010 as a modification to the current HIPAA transaction standards by Jan 1, 2012.
The first major milestone in this conversion – achieving Level 1 compliance – requires entities to begin testing with external trading partners by January 1, 2011.
In order to assist covered entities with meeting these deadlines, 4th Source has invested in the development of a structured methodology to accelerate the strategy, planning and implementation of 5010 compliance initiatives.
4th Source currently offers the following options for assisting organizations with 5010 compliance:
- 5010 Program Services - Assessment through implementation
- A comprehensive methodology and framework to plan and execute the 5010 transition program
- 5010 IVV Testing Services - Independent Verification Validation Testing Services
- Central configuration and management point for both automated and manual testing of testing 5010 transactions
- Our application automatically detects the direction of transactional flow and adapts accordingly to Payer or Provider focused testing
4th Source will work with your organization to implement these tools in the manner that best fits into your transition to 5010 – from strategic remediation to a tactical step up/step down, or a customized combination of the two.